Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

There is REALLY only ONE Answer!


I will not write a blog to apologize for being MIA since October!



I am sorry! Forgive me...I have been Busy! Busy! Busy!


Just a highlight of the last few months include:


Getting the Kids back in school...


Eating and training with Jen Hendershott's program GetPhatOnline.com (14 lbs down at this point and 20 more to GO)...


Listing and selling some real estate...finally...


Learning the SendOutCards new program SOC BOX...so cool...(www.sendoutcards.com/31882) a great tool for Christmas cards...


Driving 10 hours in my car with Lynn getting to know friends better and attending a surprise 40th BDAY for a super special couple...


Having a blast at Halloween and of course dressing up...


Attending my 20 year reunion (WOW...So much fun)...


Celebrating a birthday drink here and a birthday drink there and mmmmm...it seems like a lot of birthday drinks everywhere...


Ups and downs with the kids back in school...
Ups and downs with real estate...
Ups and downs with training...(Up a pound or two or three and down a pound or two or three and back up again with every freakin birthday)...


and finally...Here...back to my personal blog. The one fun thing I love to do and my sanity for unloading and sharing my...yep...ups and downs and fun times with the world!


My title "There REALLY is only ONE answer"...is a true statement to sum up the last few months of my life...Confessions? Maybe....


You see..Since the last blog I think I have had a few of those pivotal moments of life. They say you will have SEVEN in your lifetime...In four months I have had about three!


Those moments that define who you are, those moments that peel the layers of who you think you are...to who you really are...and yes...those moments you learn, you grow and you discover and sometimes, yes...you even change...


CHANGE IS GOOD...Or at least I hope it is!


I look forward to writing about some of these pivotal moments as I hope that you will be able to grow as well from my learning experiences...


In a nutshell, I have learned that as much of a people pleaser as I am...that is not what I want to be...I want to please GOD. I want to praise him, share what he has done for me in my life and by me doing this...GOD does his work for you in your life...


In trying to reconnect my spiritual self I have learned a lot about how I so many times have been talking to GOD yet as I talk to him I have my finger on the MUTE button...Just like in a marriage or any relationship...I hear what I want to hear and I press MUTE on what I do not want to hear....Sound familiar? Do you relate?


So..forgive me for saying things a bit to the point, a bit abrasive or just being down right honest...But...I, Elizabeth Ward Small, superwomen sales, is no longer a PEOPLE PLEASER...I am laying my heart and soul down for the truth. For the real answers...the one and only answers...the ones that are found by having a closer relationship with GOD.


I want to share a short few paragraphs from a GREAT book...This book was given to me the first part of this year...Nan, my dear angel of a friend was witnessing to me...I was hearing my friend speak to me and I was hearing my friend guide me and I was praying to God as I love him and knew he would not forsake me...Oh was I praying as real estate had hit such a low and my life had tail spinned from being on top of the world to sliding under a pile of rocks so deep I had no clue if I would see light again...Nan gave me this book and asked me to read it over and over and over again. TRUTH: I have still not read the book. It is only 95 pages and I hope by the time I write again, I will have read it and will share more TRUTH with you! I have read some and I love this particular chapter as it really reached out to me and gave me a hug straight from the heavens when I have needed it most...


The BOOK is: the practice of the presence of GOD by brother Lawerence


Page 65 reads: The Union of the Soul with God


The first way in which the soul is united with God is through Salvation, solely by His Grace.
This is followed by a period of time that a saved soul comes to know God through a series of experiences, some of which bring the soul into closer union with Him and some take it further away. The soul learns which activites bring God's presence nearer and remains in his presence by practicing those activities.


The most intimate union with God is the actual presence of God. Although this relationship with God is totally spiritual, iti s quite dynamic because the soul is not asleep; rather, it is powerfully excited. In this state, the soul is livelier than fire and brighter than the unclouded sun, yet, at the same time, it is tender and devout.


This union is not a simple expression of the heart, like saying, "Lord, I love You with all my heart, "or other similiar words. Rather, it is an inexpressible state of the soul - gentle, peaceful, respectful, humble, loving, and very simple - that urgest the person to love God, to adore Him, and to embrace Him with both tenderness and joy.


Everyone who is striving for a devine union must realize that, just because something is agreeable and delightful to the will, that it does not mean that it will bring one closer to God. Sometimes it is helpful to disengage the sentiments of the will from the world, in order to focus entirely on God. If the will is able to in some manner comprehend Him, this can be only by love. And that love, which has its end in God, will be hindered by the things of the this world.
____________________


Nan would say, just go get the book and read it. I am feeling...Oh my...That was a deep and spiritual chapter I just shared and I am sure to cause someone to unsubscibe to my blog...The people pleaser from my past is worried about offended you, the new God pleaser says...It IZ What It Iz with Liz and this Iz the way it Iz to be!


So be it and I will now leave you with this...My favorite quote:


"Why Seek Happiness and never find it when Happiness is a choice." A single choice that you make right this instance, right this second...You can choose to be happy! Smile...it is not that difficult.
So Why Seek peace and a life everlasting when peace and everlasting life is a choice. Salvation is a choice. A single choice that you make right this instance, right this second. You can choose GOD, it is not that difficult!
Love....
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Estate Blogs