Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I will compete in a body building show before I turn 40...CHECK IT OFF LIST! DONE!

I still can't believe I did it...I also never dreamed that competing would be as hard as it was! I owe so many people a huge thank you for the support, love and encouragement and helping me keep the drive to eat so much tilapia and asparagus!

I also owe so many people a huge apology for saying that competing would not be so hard...I have helped my friends and my husband for years and have honestly thought they were C.R.A.Z.Y because they get so...mean and so out there the week of the show. I have said NO WAY would eating change me...Well, let me just say that eating does change you. It changed my shape and my mind! Not always for the best...

For those just dropping in here is the story:

January 2nd I started the http://www.getphatonline.com/ program in which Jen Hendershott put me on a serious life changing food plan. I weighed 147 -152 and was a full size 8 to 10...My goal was to compete in the bikini division of the NPC NC Body Building Show in the best condition I could be. Lynn, my husband was also competing in the men's masters 40 and over division. The show was April 10th and I am so glad I did it and so proud that my body reached 122 lbs! In the last 2 weeks I lived off of egg whites, white fish and asparagus! ONLY!!! 6 meals a day of that and 2 gallons of water...and 2 hours of cardio a day!

I can tell you that if you want to shrink...just eat fish all day! I actually felt wonderful and was never hungry. I had a blast before the show getting ready, the day of the show with my friends and the day after getting to eat at Cracker Barrel and not having to eat every 3 hours...BUT can you believe that I missed it by Monday...I was ready to get right back to eating all day and craved my seared fish!

Will I compete again? I do not know. So much is going on with my kids and work that I really must focus on...I have loved getting to be a bit selfish and do something for ME for a change but there is a time and a place for everything and right now...there are others that need me and of course, the queen of living busy, balanced and blessed realized that carbs are required to have the 3 B;s! I also have to make some $$$$!

Lynn placed 2nd in Masters 40 and over...I am so proud of him. Competing together is a challenge! There is some good to it for eating together etc...but then again, there are some hard times with no carbs that make it tough for two people that work, live, laugh, love and play together! Our poor children...They have lived off McDonalds... Let's just say again that I am so glad this weekend and ALL of the events of the last week are over with! We have been married for 15 years, together for 18 and this last 2 weeks experience for us has been CRAZT in both good and bad ways! It has been a step in just making us stronger and being again the best friends that we always have been! Sometimes I guess NO CARBS CRAZINESS can do some good!

So, what is next? Who knows right now...Lynn is competing in the Charlotte show on the 24th. I am still not sure...I just ate 3 cookies and drank a cup of whole milk...I needed the calcium and was just craving the chocolate. They say to never regret what makes you smile...We will see if the cookies show up on the scales or my butt or BOTH!

Lynn is training a 13 year old teen for the Burlington show! I cant wait to share more of that with you!

Competing can be expensive...I did reconstruct my bathing suit and was so proud of my purple and gold suit and purple shoes that I spray painted...Yes, I painted my shoes....I guess I tell you this because I want you to know that where there is a WILL there is WAY! If you want something bad enough you set your mind to it and you DO IT!

I have had to say this over and over and over again everyday. I did not like 2 hours of cardio a day but I did it...I was not crazy about eating ALL day every 3 hours, but I did it! Cold fish, cold raw asparagus and cold sweet potato. Where there is a WILL there is a WAY!

So, what do you want to do? What changes do you want to make in your life? In your body? I am telling you that if I could do this SO CAN YOU!





Thanks again for supporting me...


Bucket List next check off list is SKY DIVING! Anyone want to join me for that?

2 comments:

  1. okay, I warned you about the questions to come :)
    Like I mentioned to you I've been reading your blog because I find it helpful, not people share the details about how they get from point A to point B. You have inspire me to make some changes. I've seen your progress and I admire your dedication, motivation, energy and will power!
    You mention you take B6, I was not taking any vitamins but went ahead and grab some (didn't see b6, so I got B-complex)I can't tell if it's helping or not yet.
    I do not like seafood but today's the third day I've had fish. Tried salmon the last 2days and it was ok (not sure which fish is better for you) and today had tilapia and tasted better to me.

    I saw Jen and Lishia at Gold's today and I told them I was interested in what they have to offer :) I need (help)something to keep me going.
    what is that solution (drink) you mentioned?
    what is the best excersise to get rid of that baby belly?
    Where should I start? oh boy.... see too many questions. I feel like I don't have much time to get my body into shape (although I have come long ways already).
    Time for soccer, I'll be dropping by again shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Never too many questions and I promise you will learn more as you just live it...When I say that I am sincere...you must learn to live it. Being healthy and fit is a lifestyle change and it comes from a process of making habit changes. I will have to encourage you to take a weekend and kick off this lifestyle at one of Jen's weekend Phitness Retreats. I can tell you that I honestly have been working out since 2001 and had some great trainers. I have paid tons of money to have someone hold me accountable to be in the gym and do as they taught me. What Jen has taught me is how to push myself from within and how to eat 6 small meals a day..She ahas also taught me how to sweat and I mean really workout and push your body to the limits! With that said...Here are a few things to be specific about your questions...

    B-6 - I take about 400 MG a day. 2 early and 2 mid-day - helps with energy and lots of other great stuff! Makes me pee a lot!

    B-Complex - Helps with Mood and you can't get too much B Vitamin!

    Glutamin, Magnesium & Potassium Aspartate, Elastamin, CoQ10, Fish Oil, Calcium - I know these are a lot but they are all good for you...

    Multi Vitamin like a one a day for other things you may miss!

    Supplements:

    Protien is a HUGE part of my life. I love the Scivation Vanilla and Solution FIVE..Both are a great meal with water and 1Tb of Natural Peanut Butter.

    I am loving QUAKE! It has really helped me make my workouts last longer and I am sure I am working out harder because this stuff is powerful...I do not take it after 2:00 cause I may not sleep...but as an AM power drink it rocks!

    Jen has a fat burner and she will tell you if you want to take it sure, go ahead. However, she will never teach to depend on anything but yourself and FOOD and good sweat! I personally have not used the fat burners. I ate food for fuel and felt the QUAKE was enough to rev me up! Now I did like REd BULL also but Jen made me quit drinking them 2 weeks out before I competed.

    FOOD: If you attend a phat camp Jen will help you with food. She has 6 - 16 week programs as well for training and food. There is a food only for $500.00. Bottom line is 6 small meals a day of high protien, clean carbs and healthy fats! NO White breads, NO fried food, NO SUGAR!

    I have ate Orange Roughy 4 x a day in 4 - 6oz increments and a cup of greens with each meal and 3 -4 oz of sweet potatoe with at least one meal and egg whites. This was the lean machine diet is what I called it! Hard but it will thin you out. However, you just can't jump into that one...You need to gradually take away from your diet so that you convert your body slow and the changes LAST!

    Best Excercise for baby belly is the eating the small meals and shrink from the inside out and anything that works the CORE! Walking with tight stomache, shoulders back, butt squeezed and jogging is a plus, sprints even better! SWEAT! SWEAT! SWEAT!

    Hope this helps! You are welcome to work out with me anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Real Estate Blogs