Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2009

18 Changes I Would Make with My Kids if I Could Go Back 10 YEARS!

In not particular order I would change the following if given the choice:

1) I would pick my battles wiser

2) I would have been more involved with homework and school instead of depending on teachers

3) I would have set rules to be followed at all times not just when we felt like they should be followed!

4) I would have never bought a gameboy, playstation, WII, DS, Cellphone or laptop for my kids

5) I would have read with them at night more often

6) I would have taken more videos and far more pictures

7) I would have never spanked them out of anger

8) I would have sheltered them more from all of the things they know now that they should not know for years

9) I would have spent more one on one time with each of them

10) I would have loved them like it was the last day they wanted to hug me in public or sleep with me at night

11) I would have never not allowed them to come and get in bed with us...that is why we have a KING bed anyway!

12) I would have child proofed TV and never would have put one in the bedroom with them

13) I would have made them do more stuff! Dance, basketball, sports etc...

14) I would have made them learn to sleep on a schedule

15) I would have made them learn to get ready and be independent

16) I would not have babied as much to help them learn Independence

17) I would have put the money I spent on private school for 10 years in a college account and made public school work!

18) I would have read more parenting books about what I am dealing with NOW to have been more prepared for tweens!

Oh how these kids being teens is hard! Is it all my fault?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Estate Blogs