Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

SIN & A Pivotal Moment on Your FOCUS!





I heard Dr. Phil speak at a National Convention a few years back and will never forget that he shared that we will have on average 8 pivotal moments of change and we will have at least 5 people that will influence our life greatly!


In the last 6 months I can tell you that more than a few people have influenced my life and all of them have been angels in one way shape or form.


I want to share something with you that has really been an amazing way that I look at focus and an amazing discovery that really has been a sign for me that I am following the will of God and being a servant of his message!


Most of you that know me understand my career. I am an active REALTOR and I also am a National Motivational Speaker. In 2006 when I hit the road to share my heart and passion with the world I developed "The 3 B Method: Living Life Busy - Balanced and Blessed." The entire concept of The 3 B's is based on time management, focus, balance of 5 key life roles and I always have been careful with the blessed part based on being in business settings...I have used the role of "Giving Back" to your business, community and others as a key element of blessed as well as just being self employed is a blessing. You choose your own hours, income, vacation etc...Yes, that is a huge blessing! Anther concept that was a part of my speaking program was the impact of TARGET - AIM - SHOOT. Anyone reading this will know that I use those 3 words throughout my speaking event as a key factor to what we have to do to succeed. To simply understand most have great target and have lots of plans and ideas, some even go to the next level and they get close to success by getting the aim ready but what so many people FAIL to do is SHOOT!


As the real estate market has so greatly shifted so has the message of the 3 Method! Self employed people have had to be busier than ever, work harder for less money and put aside balance as it use to be. Balance is now more of following priorities with financial obligations, budgets and streamlining marketing to a method that still gives you and your company mass exposure. Blessed is still the 3rd key. However, self employed people are not choosing their own hours, they work all of the time, do they choose the income they are happy with or settle for what they make if anything and as for vacation...For some, sadly, vacations will be postponed for better years. However, blessed is still what we are...Blessed is what God wants us all to be...


In the last 6 months I have had amazing whispers from GOD. Some I have had heard through family and friends. Some have come direct from the man himself. Amazing stories I will share when I speak again about life, success, failure and the full circle of the many lessons I have learned.


The following discovery was an amazing realization that GOD was truly whispering to me and guiding me through some really tough valley's in life. I hope that by me sharing this that your eyes will open each day to the same realization that mine have!


FOCUS is KEY!


Just recently I was discussing the 3 B's with a client and sharing the TARGET - AIM - SHOOT concept. After listening to me the client told me she was feeling very led to tell me to look up the word: SIN. I was a bit caught off guard because I certainly had no clue where that had come from! She is a business client, does not know me personally.


How could she be judging me and tell me I need to look up SIN? She asked me what I thought sin meant and I shared that I felt SIN was a wrong doing, a breaking of any commandment. She shared with me that I needed to look up the GREEK definition of SIN and for your knowledge it reads as follows:


SIN: it means "to miss the mark" or "to miss the target"!


WOW! I knew right then and there that again GOD had given me a piece to a puzzle in life! A pivotal moment of change washed over me again and the realization that I was getting the TARGET-AIM-SHOOT almost correct.


What I was missing in the concept was the true focus.


You see...FOCUS has to come 1st! Before you can focus on anything at all you have to make sure you have your focus centered on GOD and that what you are focusing on rather it be a business deal, a song you are singing, words coming out of your mouth, friends you are associated with, a relationship you are in...any and everything...it has to be something to glorify, give, lift up, acknowledge or lead others to a life of Gods blessings and a life of eternal salvation.
You also may have to remove things, people, habits or ideas from your plans that hinder the best FOCUS!


You see...You can have TARGET, AIM and you can SHOOT. But are you missing the mark or missing the target? If so, rethink every part of your FOCUS!!!


Taking this new concept has added such a peace in my life. I lay down at night and I pray for clear focus on new business that will serve him, a way to give to others in need, a way to acknowledge him in all I do and a way to lead more lost people to a life of joy, happiness, grace and mercy! I wake each morning with FOCUS on my mind. I then take each task and focus on them one at a time and I FOCUS - TARGET -AIM and SHOOT!


I have no doubt that with FOCUS 1st, I am not missing the mark or the target and I have no doubt that this blog hit the bulls eye of what someone reading it is needing to hear. I know this because as I write and want to back up to rewrite a few very, very strong statements I am being whispered to just leave it alone, spellcheck and publish!


Think about it. FOCUS. TARGET.AIM. SHOOT.


FOCUS: Does this serve and honor others according to Gods will?


TARGET: Is this following Gods will for my life. Is there peace?


AIM: Am I in the position to complete the task at hand and ready, willing and able?


SHOOT: Taking action, making things happen and completing task at hand!


FOCUS -TARGET -AIM -SHOOT!


There is no need to miss the mark anymore and if you do, pray.


REFOCUS. TARGET. AIM and SHOOT AGAIN. You will know when you are on target! All of the pieces fall right into place!


Many Blessings,


Liz Small







3 comments:

  1. What it is Liz... It's easy to get off focus, that's for sure. You can outshoot the greatest archer in the world if you do just one thing....blindfold him.

    -Hancock

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly just LOVE your blogs..they inspire me and speak to me on so many levels. I can always relate! Thank you soo much for sharing! love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You reading and relating inspires me! Always here to help you my friend! Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Real Estate Blogs