Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

Island Time



Finally! I am back on Island Time!

We arrived around six on Sunday and are staying in a beautiful home on Yacht Drive. Once we unpacked, the kids hit the arcade and I met up with Sissy Frazier (Lynn's sister) for a great meal at "Turtle Island"! I had tuna steak, my greens and a salad. They did not have sweet potato's however, they had fried sweet potato chips - (NOPE) - I had the salad! I had water instead of the delicious Margarita's they serve!

I enjoyed sharing a great conversation with Sylvia and always feel so spiritual fed around her...We got on the topic of the this crazy world we all live in and how things have changed so much. The battles we all deal with in YOU vs YOU!

I shared with her my most recent personal battle and that is the quote that knocked me upside the head recently!

"If what you do is who you are...

than who are you when you are not doing what you do anymore?"

I love life, I love my family, I love myself...I love my husband, I love my friends...I love what I do but something is missing...

Spending just an hour with Sylvia and having this "Deep" conversation led me to the realization that I need to focus on what is "eternal and what is permanent" in my life...

So this is what I will be pondering as I walk to the pier at sunset today and what I will seek as I read on the beach today...

In all areas of your life...

What are you doing that is eternal and what are you doing that is permanent?"

Chow - I am beach bound! Tennis shoes in one hand, books in the other!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Estate Blogs