Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I Tooted and I Got Booted!


Circumstances that surround you and your own negative thinking have the ability to STOP you and keep you from being the best that you can be!


I had a facebook friend actually hurt my little ole feelings today...Well, let's say he stung me just a bit. I was posting YOU TUBE videos of testimonials which I think is a great thing for people to have out online about the business they are in...I was posting them to an event page and they all popped up on my profile page! All of sudden his comment popped up!
"Poof" you are gone - you do too much self promotion for me"
I of course was floored because I honestly try so hard to NOT SELL on facebook, activerain, linked in or twitter! I try to give advice, encourage, motivate and give people food for thought! I do promote events I am involved in and properties that I market but I also do that to TEACH others how to do the same so they can succeed in thier own business! I am not about to go into any detail as I would hate this blog to be considered a TOOT of my business! This my friend is more of a vent...


I immediatly sent him a message and feel that the bottom line is that he does not know me, nor maybe does he ever care to know me but I KNOW ME! I know what I stand for and I know who I am and also know that my one true mission in life is to help others...My message was professional. He has replied but still says too much was just too much...I put my bandaide on and starting really thinking...Can you self promote too much? Do you? Do I "throw up" my business all over peoples screens?


Do I toot my own horn every now and then...Yes - but that is limited to what I call G.I.V.E to TOOTING ratio of 10/1! I know that, but maybe today he just heard my toot a little to loud...or is he right? Either way...I found a positive light about it and I feel better now...So here I vent and BLOG!


Please let me tell you that ONLY YOU control who knocks you DOWN - You control how fast you get up! Just like this crazy real estate market we have been in for 2 years! Are you going to let it knock you down and send you on a downward spiral of changes or are you going to get up and stand up for what you believe in! Your clients, your market, your business - uhhhmmmm, yes and YOURSELF!


I almost turned off my facebook and shut down having an open page...I sat for a few minutes and went to my words of wisdom book where I keep all quotes that inspire me, help me and pull me through trials and hardships and I closed my eyes and opened the book and this is what was laid in front of me...


"Discipleship is spiritual reproduction. It is not in the "filling in the blanks," it is in the changing lives" that we are mentoring and teaching and sharing!


I felt that was a whisper to me...Keep changing lives! Keep giving, keep mentoring, keep sharing...


So, I urge you in the new world of Social Media that G.I.V.E is imperative....Give Individuals Value Everyday! Toot carefully....Learn to be MINDFUL of when negative talk comes creeping in and realize that "you" really are in charge of your own destiny.


Why seek happiness when it is a CHOICE?


Positive affirmations and daily feeding of self awareness are masters of our mind! Learn today to take charge of how you mold your thinking and how your energey is used in all you do: Blogging, tweeting, facebooking, listing, selling, training, educating, working etc...


Watch how you "fill in the blanks"! I would hate you to get booted!


Toot! Toot! and Blessings to you!


Liz






7 comments:

  1. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    TOOT TOOT TOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I TOTALLY agree!

    Keep on Keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE DON'T SHUT DOWN YOUR FACEBOOK! I look forward to your messages, words of encouragement, and your bubbly personality. I think you are right. This person just does not know you... at all! I do NOT think you PROMOTE yourself too much here. I think your facebook is a nice balance of everything that IS you Elizabeth! Shrug it off and remember what Dr. Suess says: Speak your mind because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter! YOU GO GIRL! POOF HE's GOONE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a blessing to so many Liz. You are who you are and I am who I am. Not everyone is going to agree with everything we do and say. I am encouraged just to know you. Not everyone has that priviledge. And because of that, people don't see the whole picture! I love who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not everyone will like you in life - let the guy go away, he isn't worth damaging your spirit! Just smile and say "NEXT"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww! You guys are so sweet! A quick update on the unfriend! We messaged a few times back and forth and we have reconnected our FB friendship. I deleted all comments on my page that had anything negative because we all have to agree that we all have bad days. He acted in on a whim of being sick of self promotion video's and I have to understand that! So - I promise you - I will keep posting my post based on my heart and my life is my work so of course you will see business crazy stuff all the time! That is who I am and that is why I started this blog cause it just IZ!!! It IZ what IT IZ with Liz!

    Love you guys and your support amazes me and keeps me going when I want to quit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What would be interesting is if you compared your 3 B's with his 3 B's and since he is doing so much better than you you would follow his tactics... or not.

    You are a self-promoter but I like it. Here's to hoping you and your posts rub off on me.

    AZMike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again...Here is to 2010 - Shall we all live BBB!

    ReplyDelete

Real Estate Blogs