Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Are Chiropractors what they "Crack" up to be?




My crazy husband had a bike accident last Friday night!
Oh, no need to pity him. It was not a motorcycle accident (thank God)! It was a bicycle accident and he was being really stupid!!!




Now with that said...He was hurting so bad and a friend called a friend that got us in with a great local chiropractor. He did an X-Ray and sure as the world I saw Lynn's neck bones all out of whack!

(see pic) Hos neck spine is opposite of the curve shown...


His spine showed that it curved opposite of the way it was suppose to in which had to be that way prior to the "stupid accident"? However, he also had bones really shifted in his neck. No wonder he was in so much pain...


He had an adjustment and felt better...




Of course, I was there and read all about the great things a chiropractor can do for headaches. (I have them all the time... I was sure to try this!)




I made my appointment and sure enough the XRAY showed my neck was out of alignment as well. I could have told him that about everything about me was out of whack but I sure thought my spine was straight! Amazingly, to me, it looked just like Lynn's! I know it was my XRAY but the position of us both being the same was odd to me! We curved opposite of normal??? Whatever and what is new?




He did a few wild moves on me, crack, crackle and pop! I felt better. I really did but I bet my neck bones are still curved wrong???




I have even went back for a 2nd appointment and he cracked me up even more...he is super nice, explains everything he is doing in the less then 15 minutes we are there and his staff is wonderful. The testimonials I read from others has me really believing this guy has magic hands crackling bones....BUT!!!!




Is it safe? Once he gets it where it is suppose to be will this be a lifetime commitment? I love massages and could get one every week for the cost of two appointments! However, my neck is crooked!!! What do I do?




Do you believe in snap, crackle and pop? Have you had good experiences or bad?




Feedback appreciated!




3 comments:

  1. My only experience with Chiropractors was as an Insurance Adjuster. Of course most of the ones I dealt with were more interested in the Insurance Companies deep pockets than healing their patients. However, through my experience and continuing education I did learn a thing or two about Chiropractors. They can provide some benefit in the short term for minor misalignments. However, we routinely saw patients that would start with one injury and then, due the amount of manipulating on the body, would receive another injury. I am not an expert on them and I have never been to one, so I can only speak to what I have witnessed. My wife has been to one for several years with lower back pain as her injury. She is no better today than she was when she began going, however, she did receive some immediate benefit that only lasted for a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had positive experiences with my Chiropractor. Having adjustments made to my neck,spine,and knees have helped tremendously. There are times that Chiropractors can't help with certain injury's but for so long. As was in my case, bulging or ruptured disc, and degenerate disc disease. Yet, they can relieve pain for a period of time. It would not correct the problem I experienced. Therefore, surgery was my only option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I had migraine headaches for years...6 weeks of treatment and I was cured.
    Your muscles have become accustomed to the poor curvature to your neck and each time you go to the Chiropractor, the treatment relieves a little more of the pressure. There are many bad chiropractors out there - same as any doctor. A good one will show you the end of your treatment. A bad one will have you coming back forever like the above comment from Chris's wife. Thumbs up to chiropractic for me!~

    ReplyDelete

Real Estate Blogs