Search This Blog

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Reverse W.I.I.I.F.M...Finally it IZZZZ about ME!


I have been blogging for a while now.


I blog about business tips and tools and have primarily in the past used blogging to train, educate and provide others with tips, tools and new marketing ideas to help them. I learned the W.I.I.I.F.M a few years ago when I began speaking. The W.I.I.I.F.M factor in communication changed the way I spoke to not just groups but I try to use it in every conversation I have. FIf you have never heard of this...The letters represent What Is In It For ME?


This is the 1st Blog of many that will be written by me with a very different twist. You see, I for the 1st time in a very long time will be the reversing the W.I.I.F.M! Let me explain a bit more.

The 1st time I heard how to use the (WIF for short) I was a bit puzzled. Let's be honest here...I thought I understood the WIF because I have sold real estate and when you sale anything in life you in some way, shape or form have a streak of "$" WIF that smells....No need to hold you nose because this is not a smelly blog! Anyone that has ever sold anything will have to agree with me that "selling" makes you ask WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME ME ME in everything you do! I was taught just like you probably were that you have to always look out for A #1...

Boy was I wrong about the WIF rule and also about looking out for A #1!!!

You see, the WIF rule is about taking the ME out of things. It is about really listening to a conversation and making sure that the person you are talking to is the ME and that they walk away feeling like the entire conversation/meeting/sales pitch was about them. Delivering the WIF is about giving value in all you do. Example: Making sure that when I speak to a room of 500 people that I meet all the needs they came to get. It is not about me talking about me, me, me and my success and how I did what to get where. I mean, honestly who cares about that!

In a nut shell the WIF is about making sure that you ask the question in your head when talking about anything and everyone that you remember the WIF. What is that person needing?

People in general only really care about the WIF in life..

Realize that and you will be a success in all you do.

Deliver the WIF to others and you will succeed in building quality relationships...

So...I share all of this because I have to tell you this... Reversing the WIF to do this blog is different for me...I really do care about others. I have a servant heart and I love to give, give, give. I love to meet the needs of others and I love to blog about things that will help you run your business and work smarter and not harder! I am not use to writing about myself.


Will this blog have followers. I really doubt it. I really do not care. Will it be a success? I am not looking for it to be at all used that way. I for once just needed something that was my place to be. My place to vent. My place to talk.


I plan to write a journal here. Blogs on a day to day events and stories that have really molded and changed me. This is an entire different blogging style for me. However, I AM SOOOOOOO excited to open this new door and really share things on a more personal level. I will look at this as my life journal starting July 19th, 2009!

It Iz What It Iz with Liz will have many faces to it...I do hope that in many ways I will help you, train you and give you something of real value to help your life! I hope that by sharing a more personal side of my life with you that you will get to know me better and that you will see that in life it really IZ WHAT IT IZ with Liz! I also know that by doing this I will be helping myself. I will have a place of personal accountabilityand personal growth.


So, if you are curious about what I do all day, what my goals are, what makes me happy, makes me sad, what make me tick you will love this blog. I personally can't imagine anyone being interested in my life. It is crazy, yes! It is wild sometimes, yes! Are my dearest and closest friends going to freak out when I tell them I am now live posting my life....probably not.


Buckle your seat. Hold on tight! It IZ WHAT IT IZ WITH LIZ IZZZZZZZZ starting NOW!


This blog is dedicated to one person.....ME. ME. ME.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Estate Blogs