Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

If you are not improving you are falling behind...Set Goals, Get Balanced!





I keep posting on facebook that life is a game and the objective is and always will be YOU vs. YOU!



I suppose it is safe to say that some of us are always creating? Always dreaming, creating, reworking, re planning...I once thought that life was all about being content and appreciative. I felt guilty to want for more, dream for more, ask for more or even to be praying for more...However, I have personally learned I AM very much appreciative but that if I am not setting goals in all area of my life I am not balanced or at all growing. I personally like to grow, evolve, change and to me that is the best challenge...How to just be a better me!


I get a lot of personal emails with lots of questions on goal setting, balance, etc...I love getting your emails and they truly inspire me and give me fuel and passion to share and help others which is the core of who I strive to be! My answers are not complicated. They are really simple




Life is moving, and moving fast...To be sharp, to be cutting edge, to be at what I call "FULL THROTTLE" - requires goals and change all of the time...




Now, some reading this may never want to run at FULL THROTTLE. You may be content. You may be comfortable. You also may be completely happy with who you, where you are and where you are not going! Sorry but that is just true...You may not want to be going and that is OK! No problem by me..it is your life...This blog is for the request I had on goals and for anyone that does want to run on FULL THROTTLE AND LIVE LIFE FUN, FIT AND FAB!




Without writing a full book I will give you a touch on how I personally master balance and goal setting and to share what I call the balance wheel of life with you!


To best describe the balance wheel you need to picture an old wagon wheel as shown above. each spoke defines an element in your life that keeps you rolling so to speak -


There is also a very important center core which on the wheel is called the hub...Your center is the base for all of your other elements....I will share more later but I will tell you for many years of my life I had me, myself and I as the center of that hub thinking I was the one to carry the load for all of the elements! NO - NO - NO! Not anymore! After years of soul searching and I found a solid hub, center, core and I am forever thankful and blessed! This you must find on your own. Purpose Driven Life was a very instrumental book for me in finding the best direction and path for where I have been, who I am and where I am going! Enjoy that read!



Now back to the elements! 5 Key Elements should complete your wheel of balance and as you look at these please know that when you sit down and do serious business planning, life goal setting or just planning a general to do list it is important to consider all 5 key elements and make time for each of these factors in your life...


These are no order of importance because you will find that the wheel only rolls steady when you have equal weight on all elements.


FAMILY TIME


CAREER TIME


PERSONAL TIME


SPIRITUAL TIME


PHYSICAL FITNESS TIME


Now, that you have this I want to leave you to ponder on it for a bit...Are you balanced? Do you dwell more in one area? Does one area take over all the others? Can you separate all five and be comfortable and dedicate time to each? Think about your core as well? Who or what is your core and why?


It is not what you do in life that defines you! If what you do defines you than who are you when you are not doing what you do? mmmmmmm Say that 5 times! Have fun getting balanced...It is not something that will happen overnight but setting goals in each of these elements will sure be a great start!


Dedicated to you!


Liz












No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Estate Blogs